We all know that brushing with a regular toothbrush is essential for your oral hygiene, but, you can also improve your dental health if you switch to an electric toothbrush. Namely, brushing with an electric toothbrush will protect your gums and clean your teeth way better than regular toothbrush.
However, there are lots of different electric toothbrushes on the market, and it is not always that simple to find the best one. Luckily, we are here to discuss some of the most important things about electric toothbrushes so that you can know exactly what to look for.
Buying a perfect electric toothbrush – Things to consider
Since the choice is wide, you really need to take some things into consideration before buying an electric toothbrush. Simply speaking, we are going to discuss more about the most crucial things about electric toothbrushes so that you can have the full insight. Let’s start.
Types of electric toothbrushes
Even the most popular toothbrush manufacturer’s have a variety of electric toothbrushes to offer. Therefore, it is quite important to know which type to choose and how to buy a perfect electric toothbrush.
If your house contains hardwood floors mostly and there are one or more pets, you should search one of the best vacuums for pet hair on hardwood floors is a precondition. In this aspect, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E is the best choice.
- Oscillating toothbrush – These are the type of toothbrushes that have small and round heads that are mostly made by Oral-B. The toothbrush’s head oscillates and rotates in one given direction and then it switches directions to ensure that your teeth are perfectly cleaned.
- Dual head – The name says it all. Dual head toothbrushes have two heads which will provide better gum protection and care. Namely, these toothbrushes have one head that rotates and the other head that swipes and cleans. That is why these toothbrushes are quite good and valuable.
- Side to side – The main difference between this type and other types of electric toothbrushes is that ‘’Side to side’’ toothbrushes rather sweep than spin. Namely, they are able to clean our teeth perfectly and provide better protection against plaque and other debris.
- Pulsing – When it comes to pulsing toothbrushes, they actually pulsate to move the head forward and backward. Also, they rotate which ensures perfect cleaning of our teeth.
- Rotating – Rotating electric toothbrushes are the most popular ones. Simply, the head rotates and cleans every single part of our teeth which is quite good since there might be some ‘’hard to clean’’ parts.
Next, battery life is quite important when choosing and buying a perfect toothbrush. Namely, you really need to consider getting some electric toothbrush from Oral-B since they actually have the most durable battery. Also, the battery should approximately last up to 180 minutes, which is quite long since you don’t need to use your electric toothbrush for more than 10 minutes a day at max.
Anyhow, battery life is quite important when choosing a good electric toothbrush since you won’t need to charge it every day. The main thing to consider here actually is the use of the toothbrush. Namely, if you want to keep your toothbrush on the charger constantly, then you don’t need a powerful battery toothbrush.
But, if you plan on packing the charger and using it when the toothbrush battery is dead, then you should really consider getting something with a durable battery.
Toothbrush head replacement
When it comes to toothbrush head replacement, you really need to know that bristles on the toothbrush will wear off after some time. That is why you need to change the head. Now, you should really consider getting the toothbrush with a high-quality bristles that are durable and long-lasting.
Also, you should change the head of the toothbrush after two months no matter what. This is important because your toothbrush will easily be swarmed with bacteria after some time and you really need to change it.
It is also quite important to consider something more about special features of an electric toothbrush. Namely, you can find some perfectly good toothbrushes on the market with lots of convenient features. For example, some toothbrushes have built-in timer which will going to alarm you when the brushing is over so you don’t over brush.
On the other hand, some electric toothbrushes have ergonomically designed handle that is quite comfortable and slip-resistant as well. This will allow you to hold your electric toothbrush in the best possible way.
Anyhow, considering between Oral B 7000 vs 8000 toothbrush is recommendable since these toothbrushes have all the important stuff for maintaining a perfect oral health.
And that is everything that you need to know about electric toothbrushes in order to buy the perfect one. You should consider everything that we already said above and you will definitely find the best toothbrush for yourself.
Now, it is only up to you to decide and find the one that suits you the most.